At present 38% of the territory of the Republic of Karelia belongs to the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation (AZRF). It includes:
- Loukhsky municipal district
- Kalevala municipal district
- Kemsky municipal district
- Belomorsky municipal district
- Segezha Municipal District
- Kostomuksha city district
On August 28, 2020, a package of federal laws on state support for entrepreneurial activity in the AZRF came into force, which has become the largest economic zone in Russia and in the world with a single set of tax and administrative preferences.
Thanks to the establishment of a special economic regime, AZRF entrepreneurs have a chance to take advantage of federal, regional and local preferences.
Advantages of the Republic of Karelia:
- The common long border with the Republic of Finland
- Developed border and road infrastructure
- The formation of all-Russian corridors on the territory of the Republic of Karelia will make it possible to reconstruct the following automobile checkpoints: R-21 "Kola"- Pyaozersky - checkpoint "Suoperya", Entrance to the city of Kem and the city of Belomorsk, R-21 "Kola"- Kalevala - Lonka
Federal tax benefits for residents of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation:
- Income tax 0% for 10 years (federal part) (From the moment of receipt of the first profit. Does not apply to projects in the field of mining of solid minerals.)
- Insurance premiums 7.6% for 10 years (Only for new jobs. Does not apply to projects in the field of mining. Will operate through a subsidy mechanism.)
- MET Tax deduction in the amount not exceeding 50% of the MET for the amount of investments in infrastructure for the development of a new mineral deposit or investments in new enrichment and processing facilities. Valid until December 31, 2032
Provision of land plots to residents of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation without bidding:
The Ministry of Property and Land Relations of the Republic of Karelia, together with local authorities, have formed passports of land plots located in the Arctic municipalities of the republic for the implementation of investment activities in the Arctic zone.
- email@example.com - The managing company of the Arctic territories of the Republic of Karelia is the Corporation for the Development of the Republic of Karelia
- http://economy.gov.karelia.ru - The executive authority in charge of the Arctic direction is the Ministry of Economic Development and Industry of the Republic of Karelia
- main.client.contentCardLinks.arcticForBusiness.helpLinks.items.1.link - main.client.contentCardLinks.arcticForBusiness.helpLinks.items.1.text
- http://economy.gov.karelia.ru/ - section" Arctic ", website of the Ministry of Economic Development and Industry of the Republic of Karelia